Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bullet shells on Cloud 9

I was living a life that wasn't me
I was trying to out live my fantasy
But I had a strong shock of reality
I was walking along in my dream
And I was shot down with the truth I must face.
The road I've been walking isn't real.
The bridge I was crossing isn't there.
I've been dropped from above and fallen hard to the floor
It's like my dreams didn't want me anymore.
I'm being punished for my sins,
But I'm human not an angel.
I walk through a valley of life and death truth and lies and deception
Every day I drag myself on no exception.
I see myself as a solider of my own cause and the worlds a battle I just have to fight and haven't yet won.
It's me against the world.
A war of a million lonely solitary soldiers fighting their own cause.
The battle I've been fighting isn't real.
The people on the sidelines will disappear.
The grounds opened up and taken me home
At least in hell my misery won't be alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment