Monday, January 24, 2011

Atlas.

Now I'm wondering why you did what you did.
You made me promise i would never leave
Then shot me in the heart & left me to bleed.
You said i was the one.
That the battle was won.
How'd we come undone?
From moonlight to sun.
Seems like we are strangers now.
You say there ain't no way no how,
we can fix this.
We?
You say we when it was always just me.
I fought for us both.
In one hand you held a white flag "Please Save"
And in the other a pinless grenade.
You threw more water into the boat
And I was trying hard to bail us both out.
But you kept on filling it up with doubts.
I tore down every damn wall
Which were just ways for you to stall,
being together.
Don't say you love someone one day
Take it back the next.
And then turn around the other way
Never respond to a text.
It turns out you left, earlier than i assumed
You telling some other girl you love her as soon,
as i walk out the room.
Maybe yeah your pathetic
My friends all told me
But I wanted to be there
When you said "Hold me,
Baby i love you please don't leave me."
You play the victim,
with all the right symptoms
But you are really the reason
Ima be claiming treason.
You made me promise you the world.
I lifted the weight of your shoulders
and transferring it to mine
with just a promise that you would be back
As soon as you could muster the strength
You just needed to unwind.
Didn't know you would walk away
as soon as you were out of arms length.
You seduced me with your words.
Calling me all the names, hun
Then you left all of a sudden
Its just me and a smoking gun
But i didn't kill you
You've been dead inside
Ate your way and lied
To get me to want you
To love you and save you
To get me to release you from your pain
Because everyday you go more insane
Unlock your wrists from the chains
and lock myself instead.
Just so you could walk away free
And never look back or turn your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment