Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Web Connects

Maybe you're like this because
That's all you've ever learned.
How someone can pick you up
Drop you low and leave you burned.

Maybe I'm like this because
I love to hope
But my dignity jumped of a cliff
Without a tied down rope.

I can make up all these reasons
To why we are all fucked up.
Reasons are just excuses undercover.
A story given to a sorry answer seeking lover.

Everyone is just so scarred.
That these days there is no trust.
It seems we left our hearts
Outside in the rain
And they've begun to rust.
No heart just a hardwired brain.
Now we walk around like tin men.
Drawn to sin once again.

You seem so helpless, a great golden baby
When i pick you up you begin to bury
Your perfect porcelain fangs
Into my voice box
And now i cant stop
Screaming but no one hears
Cuz they've folded over their ears
To protect them from their fears.

This all explains
Why we could only make connections with the lights off.
If i saw you in the light, I'd see someone ripped your heart & face off.
You ain't got no face to save and nothing to lose.
And that is why you find it easy to freely abuse.
Anyone and everyone who crosses your path.
So if your gonna shoot then shoot.
Pin me down with the gun to my temple.
You can look in my eyes but i wont tremble.
Didn't your mother ever teach you right.
Don't play with your food
It might put up a fight.

1 comment: