Thursday, January 20, 2011

Insomnia of the Undead

I try to go to sleep but my mind is racing
My body is buzzing
With an emptiness i no longer want to feel.
See i live in a city where riches and fame are a step away.
This town is filled with every selfish need to fill your greed.
But where does one go to find the love?
Where can i go to find the honest truth and real people
Not just zombies who agree with everything they see.
Just because they want to please me.
I want to go to a town where the gates are open.
No more beautiful masks of deceptions.
This town is a sweet candy kryptonite.
If held too close to your heart you'll start to fail
And all the zombies will find you off that trail
And they'll start to consume you till they reach their fill.
But the living dead aren't alive at all
So they can keep eating away
And they'll chase you at a slow crawl.
Like a nightmare in the back of your head
When you try to close your eyes.
The good is now dead and the truth has become lies.
Because when your empty, you long to feel.
When your blind you want to see.
You get it even if you have to steal happiness from others.
Rip it right out them and try to consume it quickly.
Cuz your ashamed of that ability.
To eat out beating lives
Blood still on your lips.
While you cover up your lies.
But the truth can never be compromised.
No matter how thick your disguise.

How am i expected to go to bed.
When i have these thoughts running through my head.

1 comment:

  1. Aaand now I'm not sleeping for the next few nights.

    How am I expected to go to bed.
    When I've got such mental images from this blog post I just read?!

    ReplyDelete