Friday, February 4, 2011

Nine knives in my back.

This is a piece a wrote a few months ago. I no longer hold this pessimist point of view but am still a tad apprehensive whenever someone new enters my life.
I feel like all of my life
I've been lied to
Every relationship & friendship
was a lie too.

Everyone tells you what they think
You wanna hear.
I just wanna be told the truth
Save your tears

I can deal with the truth
Because I know what I'm facing
I can't handle the lies
They got me straight up pacing
Back in forth
Across the room
I wonder which one of you is real
Who tells me the truth
Because they know I can deal

I start off each day
With 9 knifes in my back
And I feel paranoid and
I'm tracing my tracks
Each person I meet
On this path of my life
Is just one other person
Holding a knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment