Friday, February 11, 2011

Your mind may refuse to believe.

I don't know which is worse,
the fact that you could find it in yourself to do that
or that I've already forgiven you.
There is no explanation for the gravitational pull that we have for eachother, but that does explain the space we need.
In truth, I couldn't leave if I wanted to and I've never been gone.
I've been sitting in the same spot you left me, waiting for some sign on what to do next.
But during this amount of time of solitude.
Things have changed.
You can try and make me fall in love with you again but those tricks don't have the same effect they use to.
All the lies that have been told.
All the unspoken and hidden truths,
have changed how I see you.
I don't want you in that way anymore.
If rather be alone in my own bed then have you in mine one day and in someone elses the next.
There is no room for you in my heart, in my bed, in my arms or on my lips.
I'm still here and I do still love you.
But now only as a friend.
The distance between us.
Increases by the day.
Words go unsaid, emotions not felt.
But one look at your face made me realize it wasn't over for you.
So space is good. Space is needed, and who knows for how long.
Nothing can change the fact that I want you to be happy. I want the best for you above all else. This is how I've been able to deal with your disapperances.
Not even time could change how I feel.
The pain will fade eventually, but when you truly love someone, it is forever constant and unfaltering. When you love someone you want the best for them even when it means your not on the picture for who knows how long. I've seen the best of you. I've seen the worst of you.
Loving someone might not be enough sometimes but it's worth it.
If I have helped you through even one moment, if I've relieved you from the burden you carry, even for a short amount of time, it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment